Activate removes all status lights

framed

Activate removes all status lights

Post by framed » 25. Jun 2015, 14:48

Hi all,

Here is my first post on the forums, but definitively not my first visit. I've read many interesting things here that every now and then did help me out.
Now here is the problem. We have been building a new PWM 16.0 next to our existing 14.2 Empirum installation. That all worked out fine, but now we notice something odd: Whenever we activate a computer, all Status information is deleted. The show status will then only show yellow lights. And when the specific software in properly installed that turns green as it should, but the rest stays yellow.
Is there somewhere I can look for troubleshooting? Or is there an easy solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

seipf

Re: Activate removes all status lights

Post by seipf » 29. Jun 2015, 08:55

Hello There,

Is the SWDepot-log from the client filled?
If not, then you have on the affected clients a "swdepot.exe / N" to perform, so that SWDepot log is filled again. Only then the status is displayed correctly. reason - Software package status definition for computers/groups:
http://helpfiles.matrix42-web.de/2013_E ... s%7C_____7

framed

Post by framed » 29. Jun 2015, 10:27

Hi Seipf,

Thanks for the reply. I am getting lots of SWDepot log entries. As far as I can see from the SWDepot log, Teamviewer and AUT are successfully installed, so they should be OK. But since the last activate, only Nitro PDF has been properly installed... So that is the only Green package.
I'd say something might be off with the Inventory scan. What type of scans are you running to keep the software inventory up to date?

seipf

Post by seipf » 29. Jun 2015, 11:21

Hi framed,

the Empirum Inventory is started once when logging into the client
For this in the Startup folder is a shortcut with the command

Code: Select all

C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Empirum \ EmpInventory.exe" /CEmpInvScan_Windows.xml "" /O%Domainname%.%ComputerName%_%SysTime%.xml "/ E / V2 / M / T / ZIP
Important for us that instead of a Diff inventory a Total Inventory is taken.

Furthermore, I have distributed a scheduled task by GPO that runs daily at 11:45 clock the same command. This ensures that clients that have not been restarted, create a relatively recent inventory :D .

Bye
Florian

framed

Post by framed » 29. Jun 2015, 11:50

Hi Seipf,

Ah, I see...
Here it looks like the Inventory command in our startup folders is a /diff command. Doing this by GPO seems like a good idea, but how could I best adjust it in the inventory template?

Found it in the setup.inf I'll remove it and redistribute the package.

seipf

Post by seipf » 29. Jun 2015, 12:39

Hi,
framed wrote:Found it in the setup.inf I'll remove it and redistribute the package.
Yes, in the same way we have also changed.

framed

Post by framed » 15. Oct 2015, 14:52

In the meantime we've been able to resolve the problem. Somehow the AmpInvScan_Windows.xml got corrupted and that got distributed to nearly all clients.

We did manage to find a working copy, that does list all the software and redistributed it. Now everything is working like it should :)

Return to “Miscellaneous”