Compliance Rule - Custom

ctearney

Compliance Rule - Custom

Post by ctearney » 13. Jul 2020, 23:18

I am trying to write a compliance rule which sends a custom email descriptor whenever a particular Service is being requested. I have used the existing Compliance Rule of "Inform Deciders of New Approvals" as a template but when I add my condition of "Service Equals -SRV0000123 Name of the Service" the rule does not work. I have removed the custom condition and the Custom Compliance Rule executes with no issues using my custom email descriptor.

My question is this, what attribute name should I be using or am I needing to insert the condition in a certain order? The attribute name I am trying to use is "Main Data Definition.Service (Service)" as when selected it provides a list of services to choose from. Instead of using the Value Type of "value" do I have to use the "expression" Value Type to tell it to look for something more specific? That doesn't see right if the "value" can read/display the services in the system.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

ctearney

Re: Compliance Rule - Custom

Post by ctearney » 15. Jul 2020, 15:49

I tried another approach by referencing the Order Config item (shown below) but this did not work either.

Configuration Item Order Request

Conditions
Condition Type Object Creation

Conditions
Service Equals SRV00908 - Offboarding - Consultant

Processing
Processing Mode Single Processing [Only Last Change]
Execution Mode Immediately

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 22. Jul 2020, 12:44

I have no experience with service IDs in CoRus but you could add the email to either the approval or provisioning workflow.
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 27. Jul 2020, 17:36

Sorry, meant to post back that I got the answer. The issue is that I could not use orders to reference the service/s being requested, instead I needed to reference the service booking data. So I basically had the same compliance rule that I had previously created but instead of looking to "order request" I started with "service booking".

Return to “Service Catalog”