Changing Servers

ctearney

Changing Servers

Post by ctearney » 20. Dec 2018, 16:20

We are trying to move our Workplace Management Server to a new 2016 server and I have a question about what the document refers to as "application files". The document just says backup everything under the installation folder and then for the restore it says "restore application files on the new application server (replace the existing files)". The problem is that there are files that are different(sps,config, web.config, etc) and when I tried just replacing the entire file set the web pages would not load. An example of this is the web.config file under the WM folder. The old file has an entry at line 62 for a .woff2 file but the new file has no such line.

Are we truely supposed to copy/paste the entire install directory or only a subset of the files?

ctearney

Re: Changing Servers

Post by ctearney » 20. Dec 2018, 21:25

I think I ended up finding the answer, I excluded the web.config files and the SPS.Config file from the Bin directory as they had the proper configs. I also updated confg.json in the WM directory as this appears to control where the server looks for IIS and the needed services. After skipping the 2 config files and updating the json the new portal install completes without error and is online (with the old server IIS and services disabled).

I put a ticket in just to make sure there wasn't anything else and to maybe have them update the documentation :P

ctearney

Re: Changing Servers

Post by ctearney » 26. Dec 2018, 19:34

Found another problem after changing to a new 2016 server. Our security baseline disables TLS 1.0 which in turn caused many services to fail (i.e. SPS portal not accessible, workflow manager would not load, ad connector fails).by enabling TLS 1.0 the issues went away, however, in order to remain compliant it should be disabled.

Can Service Store run on a new TLS version and if so, how do we force it to do this?

Return to “Service Catalog”