SQL Server Requirement for V10

ctearney

SQL Server Requirement for V10

Post by ctearney » 07. Apr 2020, 14:43

I am trying to upgrade our DEV environment to the new 10.x version of Service Management but the prerequisite check is saying that SQL Server needs to be installed. In the past this was addressed by the SQLCLIENT thin client as we use a distributed SQL environment. It looks like V10 is looking for something else? I going thru all the prereq installers again to see if I can find it but have not had any luck yet.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: SQL Server Requirement for V10

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 07. Apr 2020, 17:22

Just a guess: Did you use a different user account to run the setup?
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 13. Apr 2020, 20:52

Hendrik_Ambrosius wrote: 07. Apr 2020, 17:22 Just a guess: Did you use a different user account to run the setup?
I did not but will give that a try. I have been using the same service account that I have always used to the installations and is used to run the services. I will post back what I find after i try.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 14. Apr 2020, 23:49

success. I logged in with a different account as suggested and was able to get a bit further but the account i was using did not have sysadmin rights to the DBs. So I went back to the service account i normally use and tried again. This time I got a SQLAgent error and worked with our DBAs to check the SQL server (it was a new 2016 instance). The SQLAgent service was stopped, we started the service and was able to proceed.

So logging in with the other account allowed us to see the true issue which was the SQLAgent service was stopped on the SQL server. I am going to try this on our TST environment now, hopefully without the same issue. Thanks for the advice

Return to “Service Catalog”