Windows 10 Creators Update

ctearney

Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by ctearney » 02. May 2017, 01:15

I am trying to understand how I am supposed to identfy which update in the Empirum Console is the update for the Creators update and I am having a difficult time. According to Shavlik they have already released their update for it but I do not see any "service packs" available for Windows 10 in the console. Below is the link to the conversation on Shavlik's site where I am asking about the update and it is a bit confusing because the Empirum console is a bit different.

https://community.shavlik.com/thread/450621

Has anyone been able to pull in the creators update into PM3? If so what am I looking for? Also, am I supposed to see a "service packs" option under patch type for Windows 10? I checked other apps which I know have Service Packs that we are deploying and I see a "service pack" field but for Win10 I do not. Is this a Shavlik bug or an Empirum issue? Attached are a couple of screen captures of what I see in PM3.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 02. May 2017, 13:48

This update is not part of PM3 but can be downloaded as a separate package via Package Manager by any registered Matrix42 customer (not just PM3 customers): https://marketplace.matrix42.com/produc ... e-manager/
This allows a deployment schedule deviating from the patch intervals.
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by ctearney » 02. May 2017, 14:29

Thank you for the information. I have been wondering why i was not seeing it even though shavlik said it was released.

Return to “Patch Management (EOL)”