Effectively Installed Patches

ctearney

Effectively Installed Patches

Post by ctearney » 04. Jan 2018, 00:27

In regards to the Patch Management reports that can be run, specifically the "Executive Summary" report, what does the classification of "Effectively Installed Patches" mean? Are these patches that were applied to the system by other means outside of Empirum and are marked as installed or no longer applicable? See attached picture of a report that shows this field.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: Effectively Installed Patches

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 04. Jan 2018, 12:14

I found this in my archive:

An effectively installed patch is a situation in which you install a single patch that supersedes other patches.  In these circumstances, the patches that are not installed but that have been superseded by the newer patch are considered effectively installed since you have at least the expected file version or greater for each of the files.  For example, suppose you install a new Windows machine and then install a patch that supersedes 20 earlier patches. While you've only 'installed' one patch, you've effectively installed 20 other patches.
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Re: Effectively Installed Patches

Post by ctearney » 04. Jan 2018, 20:58

Thank you for the explanation!

Return to “Patch Management (EOL)”