SMS message not being sent

ctearney

SMS message not being sent

Post by ctearney » 15. Sep 2016, 20:38

When a new device/user is provisioned manually within the console an SMS message is supposed to be sent to the newly registered device. We have noticed that this is not happening in our system, if we select "Message Bird" which appears to have a US presence we get a "An SMS message was not sent" error. If I select "RedCoal" as the SMS provider we no longer get the error but the enrollment SMS message never appears.

We just set up our Silverback server so I got an email out to the gentleman that helped us set it up but I figured I would post here as well in case anyone has seen this. My first thought is that when using RedCoal which is an Australian based company the number format is either not correct or it cant send internationally.

ctearney

Re: SMS message not being sent

Post by ctearney » 22. Sep 2016, 00:30

Got this fixed! The issue was with the number the third party SMS messenger host was using, we enable Aerialink v4 as the default messenger and support change the sending number to a US number. After those two adjustments were done we started getting SMS messages when provisioning thru the console.

ctearney

Re: SMS message not being sent

Post by ctearney » 04. Apr 2017, 23:48

:roll: This started happening again, another ticket with support.

Fixed, DNS was broken on server segment which was causing the SMS messages to not pass through :-)

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”