Wireless w/ Radius Authentication

ctearney

Wireless w/ Radius Authentication

Post by ctearney » 06. Feb 2017, 16:42

I have a ticket opened on this but I wanted to throw this question here as well. We are attempting to create a managed WiFi connection within Silverback for one of our Corporate SSIDs. The connection is authenticated via a radius server for Active Directory credentials so you must have a Domain Username and Password to authenticate. The connection is WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP encryption.

In the Silverback console (5.1.3.9) there is no place that I can see to insert a username and password for the connection. There is the expected password field and there is a checkbox filed for use individual username & use individual password but you cant specify the username to use. I have read thru the admin guide but it is not clear if the setting I am looking for is just listed elsewhere (i.e. proxy tab). Has anyone created a managed WiFi connection within SB using a predetermined AD username and password?

dermich

Re: Wireless w/ Radius Authentication

Post by dermich » 30. Mar 2017, 13:39

If you use "use individual username" & "use individual password", then the username and password from the enrollment are used.
Which resemble the Silverback systemvariables {UserName} and {UserPassword}.

If your users are enrolling to silverback with their AD credentials, then this should work by just checking these two checkboxes.

But AFAIK you have to enable the "Cached password policy" under silverback settings.

ctearney

Re: Wireless w/ Radius Authentication

Post by ctearney » 04. Apr 2017, 23:47

We have gone the route of using a WPA SSID with a specific username and password. Its easy, secure, and gives the client a an automated wifi connection without fear of locking out their AD accounts or for us having to manage per user certificates.

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”