Unassignable VPP License

ctearney

Unassignable VPP License

Post by ctearney » 18. Apr 2017, 19:21

Has anyone seen where a VPP license is missing its "App Name" when you are looking at your VPP Licenses? The app/license I am referring to ironically is the Matrix42 Companion app. I also cant add this license/app to any of the iOS app portals and because of this I cant push out a VPP license during enrollment.

I have a ticket open with M42 Support and Apple Support hoping to see how we can get this resolved but was curious if anyone else has seen this happen with a VPP license, specifically the Companion App?

See the attached screenshot of what I mean by the license missing the app name.

Stefan

Re: Unassignable VPP License

Post by Stefan » 20. Apr 2017, 16:43

Hello,

all of our Apps have an Appname. Maybe it´s because of the companion App itself. Is there a need to download this per VPP? We install it automatically but we dont need to download it over VPP

ctearney

Re: Unassignable VPP License

Post by ctearney » 27. Apr 2017, 23:28

without the use of the VPP version of the app the client becomes prompted to enter an iTunes account which we are trying to avoid as our corporate device users dont have business itunes accounts. The missing AppName is being looked into by support (hopefully they find out what is causing it).

In the logs I show this error "Could not retrieve license for the app with iTunes Store ID 957264998.". 957264998 is the ID # for the Companion app so the system is trying to assign the VPP license but its failing. Support is also looking into this.

I am being led to believe that the missing AppName may be the cause of this as I have 70+ other VPP licensed apps which work perfectly.

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”