Companion App Crashing

ctearney

Companion App Crashing

Post by ctearney » 24. Feb 2018, 00:41

I have a ticket with support on this which I hope they find out what is causing it but I thought I would share the problem here in case anyone else is experiencing it.

Over time the Companion App will become unusable, which is bad since the end user has to launch it in order to check into SIlverback (that's a whole other topic/request). The behavior of the app is that you tap on the app icon to open it and it starts to open (1-2 seconds) and then closes. If you double tap the HOME button to view open apps you can see it in the tiles but if you select it nothing happens. EPIC is still working in the background as we can push apps, reset passcodes, and uch but the device wont check in which is bad if it has exceed its grace period.

We didn't start seeing this behavior until after iOS 11 was released. We have pulled the logs off of several devices and they all have the below error. If we remove and reinstall the Companion app its starts working again but in doing so the device becomes BLOCKED so a 30 second fix turns into a 20 minute exercise to reload all the clients apps and configurations.

Hopefully they find out what the problem is!

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000018139d590
Termination Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x5
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]
Triggered by Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:
BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBDISPATCH: trying to lock recursively

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”