Issue with updating to 18.0.3

ctearney

Issue with updating to 18.0.3

Post by ctearney » 27. Dec 2018, 18:01

Anyone else try the new Silverback 18.0.3 install? We tried upgrading from 18.0 to it and though it went thru without errors the installation was not successful which is not normal as Silverback is one of the easier Matrix42 products to update. I was able to restore back to the previous install but now am wondering if the installer has an issue and I cant apply update 2 (need bitlocker support) as it thinks a newer version already exists.

I am hesitant to remove SB from the server and reinstall as I fear that it take longer than I have to get it working again (IIS configs and whatever else happens to not work). With Service Store you can modify a config file to make the installer think its an older version, does silverback have the same thing? Is it looking at a service, file, or registry entry for the installed version?

ctearney

Re: Issue with updating to 18.0.3

Post by ctearney » 28. Dec 2018, 22:32

Got it resolved with the help of support. There was one additional step needed for the move from 18 to 18.03 (set the STS portal URL). I did that followed by an uninstall/reinstall and all was good.

ctearney

Re: Issue with updating to 18.0.3

Post by ctearney » 16. Jan 2019, 19:24

Adding this in case anyone else has the problem too. After updating to 18.0.3 the self provisioning portal would not work, the login window would just cycle back around to itself (no error, just referesh the screen and dump you back at he initial page). This was a bug in the update which was fixed with 18.0.3.25.

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”