Hide software from Software Depot?

Moderator: MVogt

ricardoduarte

Hide software from Software Depot?

Post by ricardoduarte » 10. Jul 2017, 17:05

Hi,

I have some software (say Office 2016) that I want to deploy to computers, but only when assigned.
What is happening now is that all users can see the package even if it is not assigned to them or the machine their in, just by opening the software depot.
How can I make the software only show to users it is assigned, or, hide it completely from the Software Depot?

Thanks.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: Hide software from Software Depot?

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 10. Jul 2017, 21:57

Check "Misc/Use for distribution only" at the package.
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ricardoduarte

Post by ricardoduarte » 11. Jul 2017, 14:18

Ok. Seems to work.

But now, say I'm on a "BYOD" device, not domain joined. my username can be whatever.
I want to assign some software on the depot to some users and/or machines.
From what I can see, the agent does not require any authentication other then the one included in the agentconfig.xml file (provided by the admin), that will be common to all users.

How can then the ERIS_GUI know what software the user can see? How does it match the unknown user on the BYOD device with the users present on the application folder permission list?

Also, how can I assign software that only shows on the depot for some machine?

Thanks.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 11. Jul 2017, 20:57

The agent tries to reach a domain controller to check if the user is member of the AD group specified at the package or tab.
See this link / security section:
http://helpfiles.matrix42-web.de/2015_E ... gister.htm
To control which packages are displayed the checkfile in the same section could also be a nice option:
If the BYOD PC does not have a file on the C-drive the company owned computers have the package will not be displayed (e.g. c:\windows\company-pc.txt)
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

Return to “Software Management”