After OS-install autologon from empirum and grouppolicies

Moderator: jknoth

Ammonjak

After OS-install autologon from empirum and grouppolicies

Post by Ammonjak » 21. Dec 2012, 14:42

Hi

I have a problem and can't find any solution.

Overview:
After the OS-installation completed, empirum set a autologon and reboot the client. During the startup the computer applies the group policies and after that the computer auto logs on and start the empirumagent.bat.

At a special OU we have set a autologon group policy.

My problem:
Now when i reinstall a computer which is located in this speical OU, the computer restart after the OS-installation and at the startup the grouppolicy-object override the empirum-autologon and set the specified autologon from the GPO.

My question is: have anyone the same problem? i can't find any solution for this.
Is it possible to delete the computerobject during the EPE-process or after the activation through the EMC?

Thank you for replay!

:mrgreen: Ammonjak

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: After OS-install autologon from empirum and grouppolicie

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 21. Dec 2012, 15:36

In the OS template select an OU with no GPOs applied to avoid the issue.
As part of the EmpirumAgent.bat or a package move the client to the target OU with GPOs.
e.g.:
http://www.wisesoft.co.uk/scripts/vbscr ... _unit.aspx
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

Ammonjak

Post by Ammonjak » 04. Jan 2013, 07:14

Thank you for your approach. I've tried your solution but it doesn't work. If the computerobject still exist in the active directory, empirum doesn't move it during the installation process to the specified OU from the OS template. But perhaps I have overlooked something.

##########################################
Wir können sonst auch Deutsch schreiben. Dies war mein erster Beitrag zum Matrix42 Forum und ich hatte leider übersehen, dass es zweisprachig ist :lol:

lg Ammonjak

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 04. Jan 2013, 09:19

Das ist richtig - das Computerobjekt muss vor dem Installieren des PCs gelöscht werden.

Sent from my HTC Vision Using ForumTouch for Android

Ammonjak

Post by Ammonjak » 04. Jan 2013, 09:51

Ist es möglich das Löschen des Computerobjektes aus dem AD zu automatisieren?

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 04. Jan 2013, 11:35

Ja.

Am besten wäre es wenn Sie einen Delivery-Prozess über den Matrix42 Service Catalog definieren der unter anderem ein Powershell-Script beinhaltet, das das AD-Objekt löscht bevor der Client für PXE aktiviert wird.

Wenn Sie den Service Catalog nicht einsetzen könnte man z.B. ein externes Tool in Empirum einbinden: Rechtsklick auf den PC, externe Tools, AD-Objekt löschen.

Optimal wäre sicherlich wenn die Preinstallation-Environment (EPE) das selbst machen könnte - aber das unter Linux zu realisieren halte ich für sehr aufwändig.

Weitere Idee: PC generell in Workgroup aufsetzen (EIS-Scripts das die Domain-Einstellung ignoriert), dann im Rahmen der EmpirumAgent.bat das AD-Objekt löschen und den PC zur Domain joinen.
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

###Ben###

Post by ###Ben### » 09. Dec 2015, 16:01

Hallo zusammen,

ähnliches Problem hier... es wird zwar nicht explizit ein Autologon via GPO mitgegeben, aber scheinbar funktioniert der Autologon nicht richtig oder die Agent-Installation schlägt fehl; zumindest wird diese erst angestoßen, wenn ich mich dann mit einem administrativen Account am neu installierten System anmelde...

Jemand ne Idee?

Danke & Gruß

Return to “OS-Installer”