Auto-Login not Happening

Moderator: jknoth

ctearney

Auto-Login not Happening

Post by ctearney » 27. Nov 2018, 13:19

After the last two hotfixes the auto-login of the admin account during the imaging process has stopped working. The system receives and installs the operating system but the imaging process pauses at the login screen of Windows which is the last part of the imaging process where the agent should be installed via. I have checked the OS configuration, EPE bootdisk config, and verified the unattend file is there and correct but no luck.

What am I missing? If we login with the local admin account the Empirum agent installs, the system reboots and the imaging process completes. OS added to the domain and everything.

MaMa82

Re: Auto-Login not Happening

Post by MaMa82 » 29. Nov 2018, 13:12

Hi ctearney!

This sounds like a bug.
I assume you are using the EPE-based OS-Installation.
I recently discovered this issue too. But we are using the WinPE-based deployment. Wired thing - not all of our systems are affected. It is like rolling the dice and hoping the OS-Install will complete.
As these mechanisms differ, it might be an issue on the unattend.xml side / the unattended process?

And I thought I am tooooo stupid to get the OS-Install running after applying the latest HF and WinPE version. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyone should open a ticket?!
Grüße MaMa82

PS: EDV steht nicht für "Elektronische Datenverarbeitung", sondern vielmehr für "ENDE DER VERNUNFT"! :roll:

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 29. Nov 2018, 14:21

Thanks for the reply. I am in the same frame of mind as you about it being a bug. I spent the better part of a morning going thru all my configurations for the EPE boot trying to capture what got reset but no luck.

Seeing that the WinPE process is becoming the preferred support approach i am going to start building that out in parallel to a ticket with support.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 30. Nov 2018, 22:21

Got the WinPE imaging working good today. Had to make an adjustment to the Unattend.xml file at the suggestion of support for the number of attempted auto-logins. Increased the # from 1 to 3 and all work as expected (also, WinPE is much quicker)!

mIsixth

Post by mIsixth » 25. Mar 2019, 12:15

ctearney wrote: 30. Nov 2018, 22:21 Got the WinPE imaging working good today. Had to make an adjustment to the Unattend.xml file at the suggestion of support for the number of attempted auto-logins. Increased the # from 1 to 3 and all work as expected (also, WinPE is much quicker)!

Hi where exactly, have u done those changes?

thanks!!

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 26. Mar 2019, 23:25

Empirum\EmpInst\Sys\win10\x64\pro\0_bc9fe15c-9045-46f4-b785-a6d69eb5c225\en-US\unattend.xml

Change the logon count to 3. This is about two thirds of the way down the file.

<AutoLogon>
<Password>
<Value>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Value>
<PlainText>false</PlainText>
</Password>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<LogonCount>3</LogonCount>
<Username>.\Administrator</Username>
</AutoLogon>

Return to “OS-Installer”