Oracle 12c & Windows 10 Creators Update

ctearney

Oracle 12c & Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by ctearney » 03. Jul 2017, 21:14

This is not Matrix product related directly but sort of is...

We had been using the Oracle Package which we had downloaded and customized from the Package Cloud service for about 6 months without issue on Windows 7 and Windows 10 (1503 & 1607). We recently updated our base image to the latest 1703 build (creators update) which we have found out does not work with Oracle 12c install. I have not tried 11g but we are not goign to go backwards so its pointless to test.

There is an Oracle Community post on this but noone has come up with a solution yet there so I was hoping maybe someone here has seen this problem and figured out how to resolve it? The error that I get is posted on the Oracle forums but the short of it is that the installer doesn't think it has permissions to the temp folder it exctracted itself to.

https://community.oracle.com/message/14429922#14429922

Again, its not a package issue as it runs without issue on Win7 and Win10 1607 builds, just hoping someone know what in the creators update build is causing the Oracle installer to fail.

ctearney

Re: Oracle 12c & Windows 10 Creators Update

Post by ctearney » 03. Jul 2017, 22:56

I found the answer right after posting this. The variables listed below must be added to the install string. What threw me off initially was the almost redundant "ignoresysprereqs" and "ignoreprereq" variables.

-ignorePrereq -J"-Doracle.install.client.validate.clientSupportedOSCheck=false"

So the new [Set;installation} command now looks like this:

Set VM_InstCMD="%Src%\%VM_SourceDir%\client\setup.exe" -ignoreSysPrereqs -nowait -noconsole -force -waitforcompletion -silent -responseFile "%APP%\%VM_CustomDir%\%VM_InstallRspFile%" -ignorePrereq -J"-Doracle.install.client.validate.clientSupportedOSCheck=false"
Call %VM_InstCMD%
If "%Errorlevel%" == "3010" Then "SET:RebootRequired" EndIf
If "%Errorlevel%" <> "0" Then "SET:InstallationError" EndIf

Return to “Packaging”