Oracle 18c

ctearney

Oracle 18c

Post by ctearney » 29. Dec 2020, 18:16

Has anyone packaged into Empirum an Oracle 18c installation? I ask as we are coming across a similar issue with it as we saw with the Oracle 12c package, unfortunately the solution is not as readily available as before. The problem is that the installation via Empirum fails (no error code just says failed) but when we run the same install command from a DOS prompt on the machine it installs successfully. Also, if I manual run the Empirum package by placing the setup.exe into the install folder and execute the package installs successfully. It only fails on the distribution via the agent.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: Oracle 18c

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 29. Dec 2020, 18:27

Maybe the response file used refers to network links or drive letters the local system account does not have access to?
Did you try a CALLRUNAS with a normal user?
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 29. Dec 2020, 19:54

Hendrik_Ambrosius wrote: 29. Dec 2020, 18:27 Maybe the response file used refers to network links or drive letters the local system account does not have access to?
Did you try a CALLRUNAS with a normal user?
I have not tried that but will and let you know what I see.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 29. Dec 2020, 23:23

A no go on the CallRunAs option. Receive an error 1008! in the logs. I suspect this is due to UAC being enabled on our systems.

CallRunAs /U:<User Account> /P:<Password> "<Program Name>" <Program Parameter>] Runs the specified program under the specified user account. If the profile of the specified user does not exist locally, it is automatically created (only possible with Windows Vista). Setup will pause until the program was terminated. For a successful execution the Windows service "Secondary Logon" must be enabled on the computer. The password can be plain text or encrypted with Setup or Sync. The encryption is done with EmpCrypt.exe.
Please note:
Does not work if user account control (UAC) is active!
Example:
CallRunas /U:Admin /P:Pa$$w0rd "%Src%\Install\Check.exe" /S /K

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 30. Dec 2020, 09:59

Right, will not work with UAC.

What about the response file?

Another idea: Just run "call cmd.exe" from the setup.inf and run the setup manually.
Also without parameters.
Sometimes you get error messages that help.
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 30. Dec 2020, 17:20

Here is what I did to get it to work (at least consecutively 3 times :D ). It appears that Oracle 18c does not like to run the installer from within the local %SRC% directory likely due to UAC being enabled but 11g and 12g do not have the issue. The more interesting part is that Oracle 18c uses the same Universal installer as 12c so if it was a program installer incompatibility you would think it would be seen with 12c as well. Now to tackle the uninstaller.

[Set:Product]
1:%VM_CustomDir%\%VM_InstallRspFile%, %App%, REPLACEVARS, 0
1:%VM_CustomDir%\%VM_DeInstallRspFile%, %App%, REPLACEVARS, 0
1:%VM_CustomDir%\listener.ora,%VM_ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\listener.ora, REPLACEVARS,0
1:%VM_CustomDir%\sqlnet.ora, %VM_ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\sqlnet.ora, REPLACEVARS,0
1:%VM_CustomDir%\tnsnames.ora,%VM_ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\tnsnames.ora, REPLACEVARS,0

[SET:Installation]
1:%VM_CustomDir%\client.rsp,C:\Coserv\client.rsp, MACHINE ALWAYS, 0
Call XCOPY /y/s/h "%SRC%\Files\client\" "c:\Coserv\Oracle_install\"
Call "C:\Coserv\Oracle_Install\setup.exe" -nowait -noconsole -force -waitforcompletion -silent -ignoreSysPrereqs -responseFile c:\coserv\client.rsp -ignorePrereq -J"-Doracle.install.client.validate.clientSupportedOSCheck=false"
If "%Errorlevel%" == "3010" Then "SET:RebootRequired" EndIf
If "%Errorlevel%" <> "0" Then "SET:InstallationError" EndIf
Deltree c:\Coserv\Oracle_install\
Del C:\Coserv\client.rsp

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 30. Dec 2020, 18:01

OK, so it´s a new Oracle setup "feature" :lol:
Good to know.

Return to “Packaging”