AfW - GMAIL option in 5.1.3.9

ctearney

AfW - GMAIL option in 5.1.3.9

Post by ctearney » 25. Jan 2017, 23:58

With the notice that the Divide Productivity app was being discontinued later this year I started looking into how this would affect out Silverback configuration. From what I read release 5.1.3.9 addresses this by providing additional options for the Android devices as it relates to Exchange Active Sync setup so we went ahead and updated (went from 5.1.0.2 to 5.1.3.9).

The update went well and I could tell there were a few enhancements besides the Divide Productivity fix but I have noticed one issue. When you select the "Android for Work - Gmail" option under the Exchange ActiveSync options the clients only get their email configured, the calendar is not done. For our Android devices that use the Samsung Safe build I can configure the associated tag to use "Samsung Safe" as the Exchange type and get both email and calendar setup automatically via policy.

The question I have from this issue is this the intended result with the "Android for Work - GMail" Exchange Type option or am I missing something in the configurations (I looked throughout the tags and could not find anything relating to calendar configurations).

ctearney

Re: AfW - GMAIL option in 5.1.3.9

Post by ctearney » 26. Jan 2017, 00:19

After reading thru the release notes again I found under "known issues" the below so hopefully this will get addressed soon. In the mean time I guess I will look at the using the AfW app approach???

There are currently some known issues with deploying Gmail however and Matrix42 is
working with Google for a resolution.
Calendar and other applications from Divide might not appear automatically. This is due
to changes in how Gmail handles Calendar integration. If Calendar does not appear
automatically for your users, this can be pushed down as an Android for Work app.

Return to “Silverback by Matrix42”