AD Import and "Assigned Persons"

ctearney

AD Import and "Assigned Persons"

Post by ctearney » 28. Jul 2017, 18:36

Does anyone know what workflow or action controls the auto-creation of a Service Store Account when an new Active Directory account is imported? I am troubleshooting an issue where we have had several new employees start, AD accounts created and synchronized into Service Store under the Master Data>Organization>Accounts area but the corresponding Service Store Account under Master Data>Organization>Persons does not exist.

As an interim work around I am manually creating the "Assigned Person" account but it does not synch the data from the AD account like it has with the other accounts.

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Re: AD Import and "Assigned Persons"

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 30. Jul 2017, 23:23

Never had an issue like that - so just a guess: Did the workflow and imports finish OK or any errors?
Hendrik Ambrosius / Senior Presales Consultant
Mobile: +49 172 408 4447 | hendrik.ambrosius@matrix42.com
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 01. Aug 2017, 00:07

If I check the worlflow "AD" under the category "Integration" the status is "failed". I believe it has always read this status since implementation (not 100% on that though). In the "Instances' of the workflow I see the below message about a partial success. I thought that this may be since we are only synchronizing one way, we import data from AD but we do not synchronize Service Store into AD.

Matrix42.Workflows.Activities.Common.WorkflowActivityRuntimeException: Running GDI Sequence finished with status PartialSuccess. PartialSuccess
at Matrix42.Workflows.Activities.ExecuteGdieSequence.OnReadComplete(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 01. Aug 2017, 11:15

OK. Go to the AD data provider configuration.
Select "Import Logs".
Click on the partial success log.
Check the "Problems" section for any errors.

What I experience sometimes:
The default field sizes in our DB or not big enough for the data import > increase the field size @ data definitions
Matrix42 GmbH | Elbinger Straße 7 | 60487 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.matrix42.com

Disclaimer: I participate in this forum on a voluntary basis. Views expressed are not necessarily those of Matrix42 or of the support team.

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 01. Aug 2017, 16:11

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked in the logs and found the reason for the partial import, I had a computer that had 3 different enteries when you queried its assigned "inventory number". Once I deleted the invalid enteries the synchronization completes 100% successful. I am goign to create a test AD account and see if it synchronizes across now.

**i still have to locate the data definition field size to increase it and will look at that while I zynchronize the AD account

Hendrik_Ambrosius

Post by Hendrik_Ambrosius » 01. Aug 2017, 18:56

Only increase the field size if required!
e.g. mobile phone or fax are some candidates where customers squeeze 2 or 3 optional # in one AD attribute...

ctearney

Post by ctearney » 02. Aug 2017, 16:52

That seemed to do it. my test AD account came across into SS and the "Assigned Person" was automatically created! I will leave the attributes alone for now unless I have another case of AD accounts syncing but no "assigned person" being created, this gives me something to reference with the account. Thanks again for the info!

Return to “Service Catalog”