Add Column to View Options

ctearney

Add Column to View Options

Post by ctearney » 25. Jan 2021, 18:19

Within Service Catalog you are able to add/remove columns from the view of the page that you are looking at by selecting or deselecting a pre-defined list of items under "View Options > Configure>Columns". The selectable columns change depending the section of Service Catalog you are in but how do you modify this list so that you may add additional fields? See the attached for what I am referring to. For example: When in the Assets section of Service Catalog under "Endpoint Devices" I have columns for Serial Number, Inventory Number, End of Life but want to add a column for "Actual End of Life" which is not part of the default list.
Attachments
View_Options_Configure.png
(29.23 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

ctearney

Re: Add Column to View Options

Post by ctearney » 25. Jan 2021, 19:17

I believe I was able to answer my own question. Under User Interface>Layouts>DataSet Views you can locate the object that is associated to the list you are wanting to modify and then update the Columns section as needed. In my original example I wanted to add the "actual end of life" field as a selectable column so I had to locate the associated data definition to locate the field name, in this case it is called "Phase out date". Once I had that I added it to the columns section by filling out the required information and it was done.
Attachments
DataSet_View_EndpointDevices.png
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
DataSetView.png
(34.57 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Return to “Service Catalog”